Saturday, April 29, 2006

So Far...

Monday morning I had an odd idea.

We'd discussed driving to California for our 25th Anniversary. I thought, "What if we drive down, then get on a cruise ship?"

She thought it was a great idea, too. 25th time's the charm. I finally got the anniversary thing done right.

The internet is a fun place. I found a deal on a Carnival cruise from Long Beach. I learned later that we'd need birth certificates or passports to get on board.

Our birth certificates and passports were stolen last November, so I got on-line and ordered new ones. Pronto.

Her's showed up at our apartment complex the next day before I got home from work.

Mine hasn't shown up yet.

I ordered them the same day. Michigan's bureaucracy must be more efficient than Ohio's.

I have a scanned image of my old one and a copy of my confirmed purchase order. The stress level is high.

Will I get on the boat? Or will we have wasted a good deal of money?

Time will tell.

Life is an adventure.

We drove to California today. Her first time to this state. My third. We're in Barstow, checking it out for my sister-in-law, who will be moving her brood down here in August. Poor chica.

No comments: