Monday, May 30, 2005

The rains came down...

Bought a shop vac today. 6.5 hp, 18 gallon capacity. It really sucks!

This morning we awoke to rain, thunder and lightning. It continued for hours. I thanked the Lord for the marvelous experience as I shoveled hail and bailed gallons of water away from the house. It was cold, cleaning out the gutters.

I exulted, shouting, "Let 'er rip!"

The Lord has used water to cleanse the earth before. The final cleansing won't be by flood this time, but it appears that it will be a precurser to the final cleansing.

I'm thrilled that the cleansing will actually start soon.

"Upon my house will it begin."

I wait with anticipation for the long foreseen events to unfold.

Meanwhile, I'm vacuuming up the water from the carpets in two basement rooms. We'll pull up the carpet when my son gets here. The pattern was set in Nauvoo: live as if you'll be here forever, up to the day you leave. Plant the flowers, clean the messes, cut and trim the grass. Paint the walls. Leave your house in order. Continue your life as if things will continue this way forever, being prepared at all times to answer the call to flee to the wilderness.

We ran a preparatory test last weekend. Other than some more medical supplies and camping utensils, we're ready to go. Not as ready as some, but as prepared as we've been prompted to become.

There are wonderful events soon to come.

A steady rain continues.

Bring it on!

Reference:

(Doctrine and Covenants Section 112:23 - 26)

23 Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face.
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.
25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;
26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

No comments: