Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Relatives!

She always says it.

"We're all related."

This time it wasn't my fault.

Sunday morning I was sitting on the stand. The Stake Presidency decided that this year all the Stake Officers would accompany the High Council members when they speak. So it was my turn. Great topic, too: Family History! I thought about the topic, but didn't even prepare an outline.

Anyway, as I sat on the stand reviewing what I might talk about, full of anticipation as to what I might be prompted to say, the High Councilman leaned over and asked, "Are you related to the folks in Millard County?"

"Yes, I am," I replied.

It turns out, his grandmother shares my last name. He and I are cousins. I told him a little about my family database, how I've identified over 29,000 family members. I have his grandma in the database, but only a place-holder for him and his siblings. I have to call him and ask him to fill in the blanks. It'll be a good conversation.

I love contacting cousins: detailing exactly how we're related.

When I told her, she said, "We're all related."

No comments: