For a time he lived at our house and has visited regularly since his folks moved out.
He has reminded me:
- The veil is thin if you know where to look
- That I still know how to take care of a baby, solo
- Dirty diapers can be sweet
- Learning is painful but memories of pain fade quickly
- How fun water can be
- We're here to learn how to live in a body
- Smiles are the only communication needed, most times
- Of the joy in meeting
- Of the sorrow at parting
- Of the desire to stay awake as long as possible, things are HAPPENING! Can't miss 'em.
- Of the joy of successful parenting
He's off on his second trip to Washington. We commemorated his birthday with a trip to the zoo and the park two Saturdays ago. We can share him with his other grandparents for a week or so.
Happy birthday Bub!