Monday, January 03, 2005

Life goes on

The question on my mind is: How long do you wait after an obituary is published before you call to ask for genealogical details?

I've got a recent obit that mentions the spouse of the deceased, but doesn't give enough information to link it to my database. I've got a cousin with the same name as the deceased's spouse, but no other information. Just enough information to make a poor leap...

My genealogical itch has been triggered.

Can I keep that itch in check long enough to allow an appropriate mourning period?

How long is long enough?



A good thing today, though...I did look for and find census records for Fred McQueen and Mary E. Gonder. I found they had at least four children. Fred died sometime between 1910 and 1920. It was a fun search. I had to return to microfilmed census records, because the 1910 census returns for Nevada were a bit screwy on Ancestry.com this morning. But I did find them...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a few years