Monday, December 19, 2005

Identity

For a week I've been thinking about it.

What makes up me?

My economic identity is in jeopardy. No Question.

I've done all that I can to forestall the firestorm: Fraud Alerts have been issued to the three majors; the police report has been filed; the forms canceling our passports have been submitted.

Still, who am I?

When somebody uses my birth certificate or Social Security card to establish a fraudulent credit account it's called Identity Theft. That is a popular term, right now.

I am not my credit report.

The Adversary would like us all to focus our attention on his false facade of reality. My economic identity is part of that facade. I can expend energy and time worrying about what might happen. I am more concerned, presently, with spiritual preparation for the future.

I've paid the worldly dues to "protect my good name," but I refuse to let circumstance shift my focus from becoming a better husband, father and son, to undue worry about things that might or might not happen to an economic identity.

There is only time enough left to repent, forgive and be thankful. So that's what I aim to do.

No comments: