Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Acceleration

Over a week ago I began to create a version of the post before last. I had it 3/4 complete when the auto-shutdown procedure in the library kicked in. I didn't have the foresight to hit the "publish post" button before the computer shut down. I guess I didn't want to post an incomplete thought.

As a result, my post was over week late, and stale to boot.

The past two weeks have signaled a percieved increase in the speed by which time is flying. It seems, to me anyway, that I am no longer able to complete even those few items I consider as normal activities in a given day any more. In fact, I didn't write in my regular journal for a week! And I'm several days behind schedule today, as well.

I do remember the conference talks where Elder Maxwell talked of a "hastening" of time before the Second Coming. I'll have to look up that reference. I thoroughly believe that hastening has happened and is increasing. Things will be in commotion real soon.

I've never been very successful at patiently waiting for the arrival of Christmas morning.

References:

D&C 88:73 Behold, I will hasten my work in its time.

No comments: